Pastel Hair!!! ♥ Awesome April Day 1



So unless you have been living under a rock or you don't follow me on any social media. Which I recommend you do then you would know by now that I have gotten new hair!!! I got it done the day before my birthday, they are sew in extensions. However, I did dye the hair myself with Ion Brights  hair dye. 
Pastel hairMy little pony hair

I have been wanting pastel hair for a few years now. I bleached the front end of my hair in attempt to have hair like Kelly Osborne. Needless to say it was a bit of a fail, not to mention I had to baby my hair back to health. I vowed then to never bleach my hair again. Fast forward to this year tax season, I figured why not do something different.  My hair, damaged by all the heat I figured could use a break..so why not get extensions and have some fun with them right?!



I know some of you want to know the brand of the hair and all that, I honestly don't remember I just know that it was 18 inches and a very ash blonde.  I had planned on buying a purple and just making it lighter by adding conditioner to it, but I got lucky and found Ion Brights at my local Sally's Beauty supply. Ion Brights come in a range or bright and pastel colors, you don't have to do any developing or anything. It made the process so much easier for me since all I had to do was add the color to my hair. My only gripe with it was that I needed around 2 1/2 little bottles of them for each bundle hair. Sooo if you have long thick hair, or one of the other prepare to clean Sally's out. Don't worry though they are only around $4 so its not that expensive.

pastel hair don't care

OH I almost forgot, I believe that there is some kind of toner in the hair dye. I noticed on certain parts of my hair is now silver while the blonde is like platinum. So while I recommend getting out the brassiness in your hair before using it, it does tone the color of to make it lighter.  I will try and take photos and show in a later post to explain better.


 I went a month and half before I did any color touch up. As far as fading goes, people have told me they like it better faded. While I liked it as well certain areas were getting to smokey looking for me. I guess you can say it gets better with fade...(haha get it instead of age...fade? anyone? ).  
Audrey kitching inspired hair


 Conclusion: I freaking love my hair and I am going to rock this lavender/pink look for as long as possible.  It is like my life is complete haha.  If you have anymore questions then feel free to ask me in the comments. Thanks so much for stopping by.

What's the craziest color that you have rocked? Do you regret it?



1 comment: